Thursday 22 September 2011

Birthday Celebrations

My family have clubbed together for my 21st and bought me a sewing machine!
I cannot wait to use it! I've got a gorgeous 1950's day dress pattern to make... so watch this space!

I received so many lovely gifts this year! So thank you everyone! A big thank you to James for my diamond bracelet :). It's simply beautiful.


So, the party!
The party was a bit of a tea party (so English!). To make is extra special, Mum, James & I were very busy in the kitchen! All the food was handmade and delicious (if I do say so myself)... and all very easy to make!





We made (and ate):
Crackers with Cream Cheese & Salmon/Pates & Tomatoes
Cheese Twists

Vol au Vents with Chicken & Mushroom/Vegetable filling
Prawns with Chilli Mayonnaise
Potato Salad
Mini Burgers with Mozzarella Cheese
Crisps (okay, we didn't make these)
Cookiepops
Mum's homemade chocolate & raspberry brownies (Seriously delicious)
Raspberry Jelly
Strawberries dipped in Chocolate
Chocolate Stars
Mini Chocolate Chip Cup Cakes
Colourful Jelly Beans

Yum, yum, yum! 


There was also delicious Rose Sparkling Wine from France...




I also made lots of special presents for all my guests! But I'll tell you all about them tomorrow, for now it's time for a post-party chill out. 


But first, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all my friends and family who've made my birthday so amazing. xxx