Wednesday 29 August 2012

Learning to Knit

Well, with a Mother like mine, it was inevitable that I would learn to knit. What I didn't realise is how addictive it is!
I've been trying lots of different small patterns to practice and to get a feel for the all important tension. Here are my first baby steps into the knitting world...


Even though these are quite tight, I think making friendship bracelets as a child has helped me get a grasp of the tension needed.
I'm really pleased with them, especially my first cable knit!


Now I've moved onto my first project. The scarf!
Nice and simple, but still extremely exciting. It's knitting up quickly, so hopefully it won't be too long until I can post it on here.

Also, Charles, I'm one step closer to that Cable Knit Onsie...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment