Friday 3 August 2012

Redecorating My Room

Having just finish University, my mum has kindly let me live with her again. Although I was worried this would crush the independence I had grown whilst living away from home, I've been pleasantly surprise by how happy I am back here.

I think a large reason why I don't feel 'like a child again' is because I haven't move back into the room I grew up in. It's been redecorated.

It took a lot of hard work and patience, but I think my room looks gorgeous.


One of my personal favourite things in the Chest Of Drawers I redecorated. They were once a cheap student storage solution from Ikea....


...but after some sanding, priming, painting and new handles, it looks like this!
The beautiful handles were purchased from the Ebay seller Mango Tree

I think the drawers look stunning and fit perfectly in my lovely vintage/Laura Ashleys style room. And even though it has been lots of hard work, it has been well worth it. I feel so at home here, which is exactly what someone stressing because life-as-they-know-it-is-over needs.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to my Mum for making this redecorating possible and for being lovely to live with. Also, thank you James for my lovely shelves!

xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment