Saturday 15 October 2011

The Diaries of Derek the Donkey: Day 1

I'm making my guests a present for my Durham birthday party (which is a week today!!!) So, in the lead up to my party I will show you the progress of Derek the pinata donkey!

First of all, I made the all important life juice (Also known as glue, 1 part flour, 2 parts water)


Then it was time to make Derek's internal organs. For this I used two balloons (the pink balloon is much smaller than the blue one) and 5 toilet rolls. 4 toilet rolls were used for the legs (I made the front legs slightly smaller). Then I cut one third off the last toilet roll for the neck (the cut was made at a slight angle so the back of the neck is a little longer than the front). The rest of the toilet roll was used for the ears.


Lastly I cut up lots of strips of newspaper & began to give Derek his first coat (after all, it's getting a bit cold up north).




Now it's time to let Derek dry overnight. :)


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment