Saturday 5 November 2011

Best Hungover Day Ever

I'm sorry to announce that, although I have many on-going products, I have no completed projects to blog about.
But, I've had such a fantastic post-klute* day, that I needed to blog about it!

Today, very unexpectedly, my housemate & I found Durham has hosting a Vintage Fair... and I found some incredible bargains...

From the 'Suzanne Smith Design' Stall I bought some gorgeous vintage postcards. I'm thinking of either framing them or using them in some origami style creation... just look at how pretty they are...


From the same stall I bought the top layer of a patchwork quilt... I know it's cheating but it was beautiful! I can't wait to make the quilt (and looking forward to showing Suzanne the finished product!)


Another amazing purchase was some vintage fabric.. for just £7.20! Okay, I must admit I bought this from the permanent vintage shop in the indoor market... but, well... Gee & I enjoyed the vintage fair so much that we just had to keep on shopping! The fabric is simply stunning! I'm thinking of maybe making a skirt?


My last purchase was equally lovely! But unfortunately it's a Christmas present... so I won't be giving any clues...

Overall, my day has been spectacular :)
I hope your looking forward to the finishing products as much as I am!!

xxx

*Klute is Durham's infamous club...it's shockingly awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link on your Blog Laura. It was very nice to chat to you and you have inpsired me to activate my blog again and give it another go. I am thinking of starting a monthly crafty meetup/chat/make session in Durham, in the New Year. Is that something you would be interested in coming along to? I will have a think about it fill you in when I have a venue in place etc.

    ReplyDelete